Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Graduation


The night before graduation I stopped at JCPenney's and bought a new shirt to go with the skirt I had bought a week before and then new nude nylons that had a really cute flower pattern on them. I was oh so very excited to wear them the next day. I woke up in the morning and got ready as usual and out the door we went. (Really though it was a lot less calm than that and a lot more of running around the house trying to find everything.
When I got to the meeting spot at the school I started to realize that my lovely nylons were rolling down on my waist a little bit. I decided once I found a bathroom I would hike them up and be good.  About 20 minutes later I did find that bathroom and it bought me some glorious time.  Graduation starts. We march out in our processional. All is well in the nylon department.  We sit down in our seats and listen to the talking. Long minutes pass. Names are starting to be read. Eventually it is my rows turn to stand up. We walk over and stand in a really long line waiting for our names to be read. By then all my friends around me knew about my nylon situation. We sat and joked about how once I got on camera  my nylons would quickly roll down to my ankles before I could catch them. I would then have to waddle of the stage. As the line slowly moves my nylons slowly start to creep down. I am freaking out in my head a little bit. I am in an arena full of people not much I can do at this point. Once in awhile I would try to hike one side up a little. But like I said there wasn't much I could do. So graduation proceeds I walk up on stage shake the Dean's hand get my diploma have a picture snapped. I walk down the stage and my nylons start to roll down a bit faster from all the walking I am doing. By now all I am thinking is, "get to my seat, get to my seat!" I walk and walk by now they are rolled down to the middle of my thighs. My hands are pressed against my legs trying to hold things up. All I can focus on is getting to that chair. Trevor tries to stop me to get a picture. I hurry and take a painful picture then dash to my seat. In shock I tell my friends what as just occurred. We laugh. I lift up my graduation gown and low and behold you can see on my skirt the bump of rolled up nylons just above my knees. The only solution: to take them off. I have all my friends lean forward so I can take them off. I hurriedly slip them off and stuff them in my shirt. Thank goodness for baggy graduation gowns that disguise the big lopsided lump now on my chest.  There is no way I will forget my graduation from college! Morals of the story= Shave that morning even if you are wearing nylons, you never know what might happen. Some things are just to funny to be embarrassed about.

1 comment:

  1. Lol oh Mallory, something like this would happen to you! It makes me think of the time you got locked in a bathroom stall and had to crawl under the door to get out haha I love you :)

    ReplyDelete