Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dish Washer to Houses

This is not a complaint post. It is a post about gratefulness in the future. One day I will be so grateful for a dishwasher. One day I will have one of these shiny beauties.
I write this post because I am in the process of doing dishes right now. Process yes that is right. A tiny sink plus a pile of dishes means lots of soaking sessions for groups of dishes. I realize that while we are in this apartment I will be the dish washer. However, we are buying a house soon. Trevor is in it for the house. I am in it for the dishwasher (and a second outlet in my bathroom).
Speaking of houses.
As we are in this process of buying a house we go back and forth and pretty much everything. When to buy this year, what to buy, how to buy it, etc. Do we put down a down payment or use that money to fix up the house. What kind of house do we want a brand new one? an older home with character? Yup lots of decisions. Also a whole lot of learning about home buying. Who knew that you had to learn so much! All these new terms make my head spin sometimes.
I seriously think they need to have a class in college just for things you have to do as a responsible adult that you never learn about in school.
We put an offer on a house last friday. The house is a cute older brick home. It needs some work but its mostly cosmetic things. My favorite part about it is the gorgeous old wood floor that covers the entire upstairs.  We are waiting on the bank to approve the price. They are some issues right now. Hopefully they will wise up. Hopefully I will be moving to a place with a dishwasher. Then I will do a whole post dedicated to how much I love my dishwasher :D
Gorgeous!