Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's been months.....

Time has flown. No use catching up at this point. I do not blog regularly because well I rarely have a free moment. Back in May I had the opportunity to apply for a full time position at my work. Me and Trevor debated back and forth about it. We knew that it would be hard if I decided to work full time but we also felt like it would be really good for me and our little family. I ended up getting the job and started in June. It was one of the best and hardest decisions I have made. In this culture you grow up being taught that staying at home with the kids is the ideal. I agree that it is the ideal but not for everyone. I am so much happier working full time and being mom. The first month was hard but after that things fell in to place and it's just normal now. People always ask how we do it. We just do. Trevor works graveyards. I work Saturday through Wednesday. I work all nights except for Tuesdays I work in the morning and go to school at night. When I am at work Afton is with Trevor. About once a week she ends up at grandmas. Trevor sleeps when I am home in the mornings and when Afton naps. She some how knows to have really long naps when Trevor is home with her. Our lives are a bit unconventional but we are happy and that's what matters. There are days when I miss my little family and is hard to leave for work. But I feel better knowing that my sweet girl is with a daddy who loves her and takes good care of her. Afton is 10 months and growing so fast. She does not seem like a baby anymore. She is constantly developing new skills and surprising us. She has been saying da da forever and all the time. Once in a grand while she would say ma. About two weeks ago she started saying ma ma and mom all the time and rarely says dad. When she is mad at Trevor she starts yelling for me. She is a little sassy pants. She loves baby dolls. She will pat, kiss (slobber), talk to, and lay her head on her babies. At nap time she loves to use her baby as a pillow. She can stand on her own but prefers not to and slowly lowers herself to the ground. She has four top teeth and three bottom teeth. She got 5 teethin a matter of one month. That was a long month. She loves to get into things. When you tell her no she will pause and smile at you and then gkeep doing what she was doing. If you say no again she will laugh and then hurry and crawl away like she knows she is in trouble. She loves to talk and will jabber to herself constantly. She eats everything she can get her hands on. She has known how to climb stairs for awhile. She just barely figured out that the staircase goes beyond two stairs. She is quite proud of herself and takes any opportunity she can to show off her skills. Afton loves riding in a shopping cart but always ends up turning around and standing up so she can see everything. So some big news... We are building a home in Salem. It should be done by the end of January. We are so excited! Bigger house and way bigger yard. Our lot is about a half of an acre. It sits on a little hill with a gorgeous view of the valley. We have this house listed and are writing patiently to sell it. So if anyone needs a house.... Now for some pictures.