Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

An education

Having a baby and going to school has been quite the challenge for me. I know people do it all the time but that doesn't make it any easier. Because my schedule is so different from traditional routes I am only allowed one absence per class. We were crossing our fingers that Afton would wait to born at a time when I could more easily miss a class and be fine. She of course didn't want to wait. I ended up being in labor on a Tuesday night and has to miss that night of school plus my groups presentation on top of that. I had talked to my counselor beforehand and found out that in certain cases such as mine the university will excuse a second absence. So I wasn't planning on going to school the next week after giving birth. Well my teacher emailed me and basically made it clear that she wanted me in class the next week. So off I went six days post partum. Afton was an angel and took a bottle like a champ for Trev. I on the other hand cried most of the way to school. While in class all I could think about was how weird I felt without my baby. I rushed home right after.
Since having Afton I have realized I can't procrastinate homework but..... I still do. It's just a lot more stressful now. Every Tuesday Afton goes to one of her grandmas houses while I go to school. We are so lucky to have our parents so close and so thankful for all the help they give.
And now some pictures of the different and creative ways I get homework done....