Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012


2012 was quite a year for us. We decided it was time to start a family. I took a ton of pregnancy tests to confirm that indeed our lives were going to change. Trevor struggled to keep it a secret and we ended up telling people way before we were planning on. Soon after that I started feeling pregnant. Not the good glowing pregnant but the barely able to be in the car without getting sick, laying on the bathroom floor kind of pregnant. Trevor turned 24.The next weeks dragged on. I thought I would die before making it to 13 weeks. I missed a lot of work. I pulled it together to go to school each week, hoping to just pass whatever class I was in. Trevor took a full load of classes in the summer and fall and worked a lot.  We found out that we were having a sweet girl. Slowly our shock wore off and slowly I started to feel better. We traveled to Billings to visit Trevor's grandma. Long car ride with numerous bathroom stops for the pregnant girl. I started to grow larger and larger with a very wiggly baby inside of me. I turned 23 and we celebrated by buying a whole bunch of stuff for the baby. We dressed up as booth and pregnant bones for Halloween. After several stressful weeks I was admitted to the upper portion of course work for my masters. I stopped working right before thanksgiving. I thought I would get a lot done before having the baby. Truth is I felt so rundown that I didn't get much done. The next couple weeks were full of anticipation as we waited for the baby to come. Afton Ruth Ware came 11 days early on 12.12.12 we were so excited to meet her. The last three weeks of our 2012 were spent changing diapers and various sets of sheets, feeding Afton, and staying up all hours of the night trying to find the owners manual for our child. We are so grateful for the many blessings that 2012 brought our little family. 2013 is sure to be an adventure!