Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

How To Be A Good Wife


To celebrate the fact that I have I officially been a wife for a year now. I have decided to post this with my awesome commentary. This came from a 1950s high school home economics textbook.
  
1. Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, to have a delicious meal -on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
( Over the course of this year I have learned that YES, the best way to a mans heart is through is stomach. However a home cooked meal every night is just not going to happen in my house. I don't quite have it altogether yet. In fact I don't think I ever will. So when there isn't a home cooked meal he will still be able to survive on whatever he can scrounge up. If I give him a good back rub he will forget the fact that I didn't make dinner )
2. Prepare yourself. Take fifteen minutes to rest so that you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.
( I don't have much to say about this. All I know is it is a good thing that I found such an awesome man who doesn't care about the fact that I don't wear makeup everyday.)  
3. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable or suggest that he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.
(When he gets home from work its more like I spill out everything that has happened while he was gone and anything else that I need to tell him. He patiently listens and then falls asleep. I guess my voice counts as low and soothing if he falls asleep.)

Well on a scale of one to ten I am not the perfect ten. However, I have learned so much from this year together and I have decided that I will keep him around for at least another year :)